Providing professional service since 1984

Avanco Tag & Title

Keeping Atlanta moving


Title and registration service for trucks (commercial and non-commercial), automobiles, motorcycles, and mobile homes.

Avanco Tag & Title Service opened for business in January of 1984 providing title and registration services for fleet companies, lenders, automobile dealerships, and the general public.

During the past three decades Avanco's services have expanded to include not only titles and registrations, but also the filing of abandonments, clearing salvage vehicles, filing liens for lenders, title bonds for problem vehicles, and obtaining replacement titles from other states.

Please call or email should you need a service that is not listed on our website. We will be more than happy to assist you in finding a solution to your question.




3420 Northside Drive
Hapeville, GA 30354

(404) 768-7162


  • Title Transfers

  • Liens Filed for Lien holders

  • Duplicate Titles

  • Tag Purchase

  • Tag Renewal

  • IRP Filing

  • IRP Renewal

  • IFTA Filing

  • Title Bonds

  • Salvage Title Issued or Salvage Cleared



QWhen do license plates expire?

AIndividuals: tags expire on the primary owner’s birthday. No grace period.

Business or business lease registration periods, counties with year-round registration:

If your business name(1) begins with the following alpha character, your registration period would be the month listed to the right of the alpha character shown below. Example: If your name is Mack's Florist, your registration period would be the month of July.

  • A or B last day of January

  • C or D last day of February

  • E or F last day of March

  • G or H last day of April

  • I or J last day of May

  • K or L last day of June

  • M or N last day of July

  • O or P last day of August

  • Q or R last day of September

  • S or T last day of October

  • U, V or W last day of November

  • X, Y, or Z last day of December

(1) The first alpha character of the business name that appears first on your vehicle's title and/or tag registration certificate (tag receipt) determines the month designated as your registration period.

Registration Period For Vehicles Weighing Over 26,000 Pounds (Non-IRP) and Trucks Transporting Forest Products(2)?For these type vehicles, your registration period is: December 1 through February 15.

(2) Vehicles operating interstate in this category must obtain an apportioned license plate. Apportioned license plates are issued by this Department's International Registration Plan (IRP) of the Motor Vehicle Division.

QWhat vehicles require Emission Testing prior to registration?

A: Gasoline-powered car or light truck (up to 8,500 lbs. gross vehicle weight rating) AND you are a resident of one of the covered counties (see below) AND your vehicle is registered in that county then you need to have it inspected.

Covered counties: Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale.

The three most recent model year vehicles are exempt from emission testing each year.

Vehicles that are 25 model years or older are exempt from emission testing.

Aside from Repair Waivers, you may qualify for certain extensions or exemptions from testing.

Senior Citizen Exemption - for seniors 65 years old or older who meet certain requirements regarding the vehicle and annual miles driven.

Out of Area Extension - If you and your vehicle are temporarily located out of the area (more than a two-hour drive from a Georgia emission testing station) due to student, military or business obligations, you may qualify for an Out of Area Extension.

Things to remember:

  • A vehicle's model year is the year your vehicle was built as designated by the vehicle manufacturer.

  • Certain exemptions and extensions may apply to your vehicle:

    • Motorcycles, recreational vehicles (RVs) and motor homes do not require emission testing for registration.

    • Diesel vehicles do not require emission testing for registration.

For additional information go to:

Q: Do I need insurance?

A: Yes. Individuals are required to have their insurance downloaded by their insurance company into Georgia’s DMV Gratis website.

Companies must have a valid insurance card showing coverage is for a “fleet” vehicle. A company without a fleet of vehicles must have their insurance company download insurance information into Georgia’s DMV Gratis website.

Q: Where can I find information about the new TAVT tax rules?

A: On the Georgia Department of Revenue website.

Sometimes the best therapy is a long drive, good music and good company.
— Steve Maraboli